Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One week...

...and YES I am counting! :)

It is still a little unreal to me that in just a week I will be going to the hospital to have a baby. Obviously, not a bad sort of unreal, but unreal nonetheless.

We have been preparing for this for months...thinking about babies constantly, getting our house ready, getting our cars ready, registering, having baby showers, doing research about labor and delivery, preparing myself mentally for motherhood (as much as is possible) and going to a million doctor appointments, etc. It's a little strange that after months and months of preparing we are finally on the home stretch, and Max will be here in just a few short days.

I am a little overwhelmed with emotions! The hormones, I am sure, are not helping much. I am excited to become a mother, but scared that I will not be as good at is as I hoped. I am anxious about giving birth and nervous about being in the hospital. I am happy and ecstatic about holding my sweet boy in my arms. But most of all I am overjoyed that "Nick and I" are becoming "Nick, Max and I"...a FAMILY.

Family is and always has been one of the most important things in life to me. I have ALWAYS wanted children. I was never that teenager who was gagging at the thought of being a mother and swore I would never have children. I have always valued being a parent, and have always known that it would be the most important role I would ever take on. Even when Nick and I were dating as teenagers, it was extremely important to me that I did not continue to date a boy who didn't eventually want children (much later on in life at that point).

This is a dream come true for both of us, and I cannot wait to see what our lives will be like with our new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment