Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Sweet Sweet Husband

I just have to say...I am the luckiest gal in the world, just because of my husband (not to mention all the other countless ways I am blessed)

He is going to be the most wonderful father, and I am so very thankful that I get to call him my sweetie.

Husbands/fathers don't really get a lot of credit for the whole pregnancy bit...it is all about the mama. In some ways I can agree with how that works...we (women) have to sacrifice a lot to have a baby. I personally have gained almost 40 pounds, I can only wear about 3 pairs of shoes that I own because my feet are so fat, and I have had multiple people tell me in the last week that I look exhausted (so very kind of them). And lets not forget about the birth itself, breastfeeding, all the changes in diet that you are expected to follow through with during pregnancy, lack of sleep...I could go on for days. Really.

But lets not forget about our loving husbands. They are responsible for a lot, too, if you think about it, and I think they actually deserve some credit. At least my amazing husband does, and I hope the rest of you ladies are at least half as lucky as I am in the husband department. Nick has done so much for me while I have been pregnant.

He has provided for me like you wouldn't believe. I don't have a "real" job, and he is just fine with that. He works his butt off so that we can have everything we need and then some. We also have a wonderful understanding about my eating habits, and he is very supportive of them. Even though he jokes that I eat away his paycheck, he encourages me to eat as much as I want to and makes sure that both Max and I are completely satisfied 100% of the time in the food department. He has fixed doors so they will close, repaired the kitchen sink, hung a million shelves and hooks and picture frames, put together countless pieces of furniture, and even reorganized the pantry. Funny thing is, I haven't had to ask him more than once to do any of that. He is happy to do those things for our "family."

Probably the most important thing that Nick has done during this pregnancy is be a huge emotional support for me. I am an emotional person by nature. And I will be honest, it can occasionally get out of hand. So lets just go ahead and add being pregnant on top of that natural emotionalism and what do you get? Emotional basket case. Seriously. I can't stand myself most of the time, and it amazes me how patient he is with me. Sometimes I don't realize how irrational I am being until after my sob-fest is over (you know...20 minutes to an hour later), and then I also realize how wonderful he is for putting up with my craziness. I am so thankful that he is such a supportive husband and understands me like he does. I have LOVED being pregnant, but it has definitely been an emotional time for me as well. I have cried over everything from a spilled cup of orange juice to Ikea not having the crib in stock the day we wanted to buy it to absolutely nothing...depends on the day. But each and every time Nick has made me feel better, and best of all has not criticized me, not even once, for being so emotional. He gets me, pregnant and not pregnant. And I am so very thankful for that.

I love you, sweet husband, and I can't wait for us to become a family of our own :)

Just for fun, this is the oldest picture I could find of us, at least on my computer. I think I was 15 or 16 and Nick was 18...

No comments:

Post a Comment