Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yet another observation...

I have made a few observations about life as a very pregnant woman in the last few days...

Story 1) Last night Nick and I went out to eat. While we were waiting on the waitress to bring back the check, Nick went to the bathroom. She brought it back, and when I picked it up the card somehow flew across the table and into the floor. I got up and walked to the other side of the table, and the card was nowhere to be seen from where I was...and then the two guys at the table next to us got up and helped me look for it AND picked it up out of the floor for me. So about this...normally if I was in a restaurant and two guys approached me it would only be to flirt or makes some smart comment. Because I am pregnant, they were just nice :) and I really appreciated it.

Story 2) I went to Target this morning to get a few things and as I was leaving I pulled my phone out of the side pocket of my purse. My chapstick also came out of the pocket and fell on the floor :/ I was about to bend down to pick it up, but the couple walking behind me literally JOGGED over saying "no! we will get it for you!" I mean, this was a very kind gesture...and I hesitate to say anything bad about it because they were just being extraordinarily nice. But I think you can all probably guess what I felt like after that one.

My observation? Because I am huge and 32 weeks pregnant, people go out of their way to help me with things. In some ways I really appreciate it. In some ways, it makes me feel like I have lost some more of my independence. Can we say mixed feelings? In reality, it was much easier for those people to get things out of the floor for me than to do it myself, and it was REALLY NICE OF THEM...I guess I will just keep letting people do nice things for me and enjoy it while I can :)


No comments:

Post a Comment