Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ultrasound and other "stuff"

We just got home from the 28 week doctors appointment and everything was just peachy :)

I had to take the 1 hour glucose test (which was awful...for those of you who somehow don't know about this nastiness...you have to drink this sugary drink and then wait an hour and see what your blood sugar is, which basically tells you if you could have gestational diabetes. My drink was orange, and sort of tasted like cough syrup without the medicine part. All syrup. And the amount is a lot more than a little dose of cough syrup.) My results came back great though, thank goodness! I guess it has really paid off to cut back all those soft drinks that supposedly increase your risk for gestational diabetes!

We also had our third ultrasound, and Max is definitely growing like a weed. He weighed in today at 2 pounds 11 ounces, which puts him in the 78th percentile for weight! We were so worried about him and how well he was going to grow and gain weight with the single artery umbilical cord issue, and now, as my doctor says, I am "having a big baby." I have really enjoyed having all these extra ultrasounds because I get to see my sweet boy so much more often!

Everyone has been asking how I am feeling, so let me answer that while I am at it :) I feel great! I have had a little bit of back pain, but nothing intolerable. Obviously every-day sorts of things are constantly getting more difficult and more tiring (Nick helps me put my shoes on most days because I can't get to my feet so easily for example)...but of course that is expected. I can't really complain about no longer being able to efficiently being able to clean the tub :) It just means that my hubby gets to do it instead! I have been a little less energetic over the last week or so, but I still have a lot of motivation to get things done around here so again, not such a big deal. Nick has been completely amazing about getting things done where I can't. It seems like the "more pregnant" I get the sweeter he gets. He is such a good husband and takes such good care of me, and is very understanding of what is going on with me. And of course he is completely in love with Max :)

Here is a picture of me at 28 weeks...hopefully I will be able to scan in some ultrasound pictures soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment