Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New furniture!

Nick and I went to Ikea yesterday to get the furniture for Max's room! We got a dresser, a couple of lamps, a mattress, and a few other things. The plan was to also get the crib yesterday, but as luck would have it the crib was not in stock.

Ikea is all about "take it with you today" and "put it together yourself"...which is actually pretty awesome because we would have been able to fit ALL the furniture, including the crib, in my Toyota Corolla. Nick put the dresser together last night, and it looks awesome!

This is what it looked like BEFORE he put it together...fun, huh?



















And THIS is what it looks like now! Please just excuse all the mess in the background; that room is definitely a construction zone....it is driving me crazy, too.














I am a little more than anxious to finish getting all the extra furniture and things out of the room so that we can get the furniture that belongs in there in its place. Unfortunately there is not very much that I can do about it at the moment so I am trying to have patience. Easier said than done when you have a 29 week pregnant woman wanting to get in her baby's room and get it looking beautiful! (and for those of you who know me, you know I have about a million projects up my sleeve...but I really need to be able to get in there to get it done!) My goal is to have everything in its place by the first week or so in March, just in case!

Only 11 weeks left until my due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment