Tuesday, December 7, 2010

23 Week OB Appointment

I just got back from the doctor, and everything is great :)

After our ultrasound I was pretty worried about the umbilical cord abnormalities they found, despite Dr. Taavon assuring me everything was going to be fine. So I came back today with lots of questions (of course). He explained to me that they were worried about Max being smaller than average (which he is not right now), but he also said that from his experience this is not usually the case. Almost all of these babies are born with no complications and their weight and development is within normal ranges. Thank God! During the last appointment he had also mentioned to me that I would likely be induced early, around 38-39 weeks, so I asked him about that as well. He told me that we would keep an eye on Max to see if he should be delivered earlier than my due date, but that his main concern was that I should be delivered BY my due date. He said that hopefully I can go into labor by then on my own, which would allow me to use less medication during the delivery (definitely my preference).

The really awesome thing about today is that I really was not nervous going into my appointment. Now that I can feel Max moving around a lot more I am much more certain that they will be able to find his heartbeat and that everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment