Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear Max

My sweet, sweet boy,

Oh how your momma is loving this season with you!  

Last year, Christmas was wonderful, but this year has been even better!  We love watching you learn to love Christmas and everything about it.  We took you to Tanglewood to see the lights a few weeks ago, and it was so much fun...you took it all in, and said "wow" the whole way through. The sense of wonderment you have had with this entire season is truly incredible, and it has made it more fun for your daddy and I, too!

I can't believe how big you have gotten.  I know I say it all the time, but lately I can't help but wonder where my baby went and how I ended up with this amazing little toddler in my life.  I keep telling Daddy, almost every day... "look how big he is! Look how big he looks!"  You are learning so fast and changing every single day, and I just hope that I am soaking it all in as much as possible.  It seems like you have a new word to say each day, and you are even starting to put words together occasionally.  You have started saying "please" every time you want something, and I love it.

  One of the funniest things we have realized lately is that you have one of your favorite books ("I Love You Through and Through") partially memorized!  As I am reading it to you, you get ahead of me and start saying words that are on the next page, and it really is quite hilarious.  

Speaking of reading...you love reading with me lately.  We read all of your favorites at least twice each every day, and your list of favorite books seems to be expanding like crazy.  You are also loving to play with cars and trucks even more lately, if that is possible.  

I hope you are starting to understand this whole "baby" thing...your little brother will be here so soon!  You fall asleep with your head on my belly each and every night, and you are completely obsessed with babies.  If we ask you where baby Drew is, you point to my belly and say "in there!" You give him kisses, and we talk about him every day.  I just know that you are going to be a great big brother.  I can't wait to see you two together, and I am so glad that God has blessed me with two sweet boys.  

Your Daddy and I love you so very much and we are so proud of you!

love,

Mommy


***ps...this is the first of many "Dear Max" letters I will write, and I wish I had started sooner!  Hopefully someday he will be able to look back and read them, and in the mean time I will love writing them (and looking back on them to see how he has changed).


No comments:

Post a Comment