Thursday, February 16, 2012

Things We Love: Baking Soda + Peroxide

Who would have thought something so simple could be so effective?

I have heard that baking soda and peroxide, when used together, is a fantastic cleaning agent.  BUT before now I really haven't had a reason to give it a shot.

The sink in our house is old, but is really in pretty good shape.  The problem? After years of renters and no dishwasher (so it gets ALL the grime) (and yes, we live in the stone ages), it is nasty.  Don't get me wrong...I have spent a lot of time scrubbing it until I am blue in the face...but I have never had very much success, and our sink looked like this:

I am really even embarrassed to show this picture. It is brown, grimy, and completely disgusting.

Until I cleaned it with baking soda and peroxide, that is.

All you do is mix about 1/4 cup of baking soda with just enough peroxide to make a paste.  Then just spread it around on whatever you are cleaning (because apparently it can clean anything)...


I just let it sit for about 5 minutes and work its magic, then scrubbed it down with a sponge, rinsed, and...


Presto! We have a clean sink and life is good :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment