Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DIY: Menu Board

One of the things I have struggled with as a new mom and wife is menu planning. Every night, when it is time to cook, we struggle with trying to figure out what to eat. And it almost never fails...as soon as we decide on something and I start to cook, there is a missing ingredient that is absolutely necessary. OR I wish I had started cooking earlier/used the crockpot. The other problem is that because of our lack of planning, we end up buying groceries that we don't use, or going out to eat way too much.

I have really been working hard to fix this problem over the last month or so. I look up recipes I want to try, make a list of meals (according to hubby's work schedule, since he works odd hours and is a picky eater), and then make a grocery list from there. It has worked like a charm. And it has also made me try cooking new things since I plan ahead. The only problem is that my notebook wasn't cutting it for the menu portion, and the all-purpose dry erase board on our refrigerator kept getting erased by accident. A designated menu board was the answer!

This was seriously so easy, and so cheap. I just re-purposes an old frame! Painted it red, wrote the days of the week on scrapbook paper, glued letters saying "menu" at the top, and put it all together. I LOVE how it turned out. It's cute, looks great in our kitchen, and best of all...keeps me organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment