Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Learning to Cook

I have been SO good about cooking and even trying new things over the past week or more. Y'all would be so proud.

Today, since my picky husband is working a later shift and wasn't here for dinner, I tried out a new recipe that my mom and I came up with. I have been wanting black bean soup, and can't find a recipe that I have wanted to try. So Momma and I just came up with one! We made it today, and it is so good :) Max even approves (of course, since he loves beans of all kinds).

CROCKPOT BLACK BEAN SOUP

2 lbs of dried black beans
2 cans Original Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin
Vidalia Onion (I used half of a good sized onion), chopped
2 cans chicken broth (more or less depending on how soupy you want it)
Water (as needed)

Directions:
-rinse beans, then soak overnight in water
-the next morning, drain any excess water and put the beans in the crockpot
-add tomatoes and rotel (do not drain)
-add chicken broth, cumin, and onion, plus however much chicken broth you'd like :)

Cook in the crockpot on high for 8-10 hours. Serve with tortilla chips! So easy, so good.

Crockpot meals are the best- next to no effort for some of the best meals! How can you say no to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment