Monday, April 11, 2011

On Love and Family

Surprise, surprise...I LOVE being a mommy. It is hands down the best thing I have ever done.

I knew that the second that Max came into the world things for Nick and I would change drastically, but you never really know what exactly how the change will occur until it does. His birth changed EVERYTHING, and I am not exaggerating at all...our responsibilities, our feelings about life in general, and the way we tackle everyday tasks/how we live our daily lives among other things. Most surprisingly to me, however, is how it changed our love for each other.

I am a firm believer in the common advice that babies don't fix relationships. Nick and I really had no relationship problems before Max arrived though, so please don't misunderstand me. We had an enormous love for each other and for our life together prior to having a baby. Now...that love has grown even more. I never realized that we could love each other quite as much as we do and in the way that we do now. Seeing my husband as a father has caused my love to expand for him in drastic measures...and it seems that he feels the same way about seeing me as a mother. I LOVED being married and living our life together before Max came along, but I have learned very quickly that I love my life even more now that we are a family.

Max has completed our relationship in a way (at least for a few years...we want a big family, so there is definitely room for growth in the future!)...everything just feels right, and I love it.

This picture was taken by my Momma...at the exact moment that I was realizing how much I love being a family of 3 (literally. That is one of the things I can remember very clearly from my labor and delivery experience). The look on my face says it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment